Friday, May 22, 2009

age ain't nothing but a number

What do you consider too young or too old for you?

If you asked me this question a few years ago, I would have considered 4 years younger as too young. But at my current age, I don't think 29 is too young for me.

How about 25? Now this age, I'm pretty certain IS too young for me... it doesn't matter if he's turning 26 this year. However, I think I can deal with a 27 year old. Hmmmmmm... me (32 years old turning 33 this year) with a younger man who is 27. (I'll call him a man to deflect the reality of being a cougar-in-training.)

Does that sound bad to you? A woman 6 years older than her man? 8 years older is too much, yes?

Now let's reverse it. Is 39 too old for an almost 33 year old woman? How about 40? I have never dated anyone significantly older than me. This is the first time I've given this issue much thought.

I don't know why, but the thought of dating a 40 year old creeps me out. But dating a 39 year old, not as much.

I guess that solves it. I'm open to the ages of 27 through 39. Any guy that falls outside of this age bracket, I'll consider on a case by case basis. Haha.

3 comments:

leesh said...

Remember some guy said that you and I are pretty much cougars because we are almost 33?!?!?

Maureen said...

Hmmmmm... if we're courgars because we're almost 33 then what are women who are in their 50's chasing after 20 something year old boys called??

cristina said...

hmm...i *may* have some experience on this topic. ;) you meet a guy, you like him, who cares (in that moment) how old he is? what's important is - 1.how do you feel when you're with him and 2.does he make you HAPPY? if the answer is yes, then however old he is biologically shouldn't matter. but if facets of his young age start to turn you off, well then....that's when you say he's too you. like you said - case by case basis. :)

p.s. 30's women going for 20's man = puma. 40's+ going for 20's = cougars. we still have a few years to go to obtain cougar status. haha