![]() |
| (via) |
this past Saturday was a pretty big day for me personally. i deleted the last of my exes' phone numbers off my mobile. the one i hate (26er) and the one i still love (the dude).
i'm not lying. i HATE 26er. how can i be such a bad judge of character?! after Saturday, i have realized he is truly delusional and not a good person. sorry, but i won't be revealing any details of what recently went down because it gets me furious and upset. just know i regret every minute i have spent with him and every minute i am forced to. i don't think i've ever hated an ex before. dislike yes. HATE no.
now why the eff do i still love the dude??! not cool, heart! not cool at all!
i'm so hating my job that i love! how is upper management working on an 18 month calendar?? hmmmm... oh wait a second, that's right, there's only 12 months in a year!
the other night, some random stranger on fbook messaged me to tell me i'm cute. his relationship status on fbook is "married". are you effing kidding me??! i hate guys like that! BOOOOOOOOOO!
i love Vancouver and my many friends who reside in the beautiful city. in support of my second home, i'm a Canucks fan but seriously Canucks, what the eff was up with game #3??! i hate how you let the Bruins molest you!
i love my friends, but hate how every day is a day closer to what brings us further apart. i'm slowly realizing we no longer have much in common and we won't be gaining common ground any time soon...

6 comments:
oh life, life, life my dear friend. i love that quote by dr. king, it is true, and like you, i'm not a hater - but there are people that i want nothing to do with even if they've apologized whatsoever. i think it's part of that twitter or e-mail convo that we have about "we can forgive, but not forget".
i am grateful that i have friends in L.A. that even though our lives have changed, when we see each other we pick up where we left off. but, just like you, i also have friends who i feel that we no longer have things in common and sadly, those friendships fade away. i think it's hard too when they think they're in a much better place than i am - but without thinking that we don't want the same things.
I'm sorry things are kinda pushing you around right now. You seem like a great gal and frankly I'm not too worried about things not working out for you. As for the feeling of losing touch with your friends, I know exactly how that feels. I'm only 7 yrs removed from high school and yet my group of friends have drifted far apart. The main culprit is that each of us are at different places in our lives. We must learn to accept those issues and just appreciate that we will always have a special bond even if our time together is not as frequent.
Sorry for the long winded comment!
Ryan: never apologize for your comments! I luv them! Thanks for showing me blog love. Besides, reni's comment above is just as long! LOL! You're right, it's cuz of the different stages people are experiencing at the same time, but thanks for reminding that even though my friends and I may be in different stages - we will always share a special bond.
Reni: I think that's what bothers me most... That some of those friends who I'm drifting further apart from, think they are in a better place than me. That really does way on my mind.
maur, i'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time. i hope things work out for you and if not, there's always vegas. focus on vegas girl, cuz i am!
move on from 26er; hate can be a destructive thing and it's best to let it go and close that chapter in your life. i won't ask what happened because i know you're very private about things but know that i'm here for you if you need to talk.
while you may feel that nothing is really right in your life now, that's not true - we're all here for you. if you have friends who act or think that they're in a better place than you, maybe it's time to let them go too. sometimes it's best to let friendships run their course. God knows i've whittled down my friend list to only a handful and the rest have become acquaintances. ain't nothing wrong with that! no one is in a 'better place' than the next person; we all do what we can with what we have.
love you; i hope you feel better. is it time for joeys? :D
Whoa...I feel SO out of the loop. See what happens when I don't blog...I miss out. I'm sorry! I feel bad. I wish I kept up with reading your blog. OMG, now I feel like an ass. Here I am tweeting you stupid stuff, where I should've been making you smile and laugh. Damn, I better work on that priviate jet faster, uh?
Well, forget him (26er). You are too cute and young (yes...I think you are still young!) to worry about that kind of crapy. Just think....Vegas, baby!
I think Ryan made a very good point. All of us are at different stages and it's hard to find time to get together because friends are busy with their kids, work, etc. I think it's best if we just treasure the times that we get to spend with them. I find as we get older, if I don't have anything in common with a certain individual, there is no point trying to hang on to that friendship.
Sorry to hear 26er is being an A-hole. I totally cannot picture him like that but what do I know. If you ever want to vent over Btea, you know where to reach me, or you can vent while we fly to Vegas.
I know life is kicking your butt but just think in exaxtly three weeks, we will be in Vegas!!!!
Post a Comment