Wednesday, November 24, 2010

questions, opinions + a giveaway!


questions i have recently been asked...

question #1 
"if you met 16 year old Maureen, what would she think about your life so far?" 

i have never been asked this question, but i already knew the answer. without going into too much detail, the answer that first comes to mind is disappointed. my reasons can be found right here.

question #2
"do you find it's harder to find someone to settle down with now than it was years ago?"

DUH YEA! hence why i'm with no one now! it was already hard back then and it's even harder now...

here's why:
  •  i'm more certain of what i don't want.
  • at my age, none of my friends really go out anymore. they're all married with children. so my social options are either hang out at a friend's place or hang out at my place by myself. doubt i'll meet any new, interesting guys at either options.
  • everyone is already taken. unless i decide to commit to someone much younger than me and that's what my last relationship was. ummmm yaaaaa, that didn't really work out, now did it? haha.

* * * * * *
opinions made about Filipinos by non-Filipinos lately...

opinion #1
"Filipino guys are all assholes!"

this is according to a 24 year old girl. poor girl, maybe it's just in her generation... because Filipino guys in my generation are sweethearts and Filipino guys in my cousin's generation (younger than her) are such gentleman...

opinion #2
"i find Filipinos the most patient out of all people"
 in public, yes. in private is a different story. LOL!

opinion #3
"all Filipino babies are cute!"
 i agree! :)

* * * * * *
now, i want to hear from you!
if you met your 16 year old self, what would he or she think about your life so far?
have you made any stereotypes about Filipinos? hehe.

* * * * * *
GIVEAWAY ALERT!


want some cool stuff sent to you? by the way i'm not conducting this giveaway (sorry for being a tease), but my blog friend and friend in real life - Kat is. 

giveaway items:
- Cheeky Monkey nail polish - colour: Fishnet Stockings which is a beautiful deep plum
- Lancome lipstick - colour: OhMy which is a shimmery brown/copper color
- white cotton v-neck tank top
- samples of Darphin’s Line Response Nourishing Cream
- sample of Dr. Brandt micro dermabrasion cream
- Shiseido Benefiance Eye Treatment Mask
- Maybelline eye shadow in Emerald   

want to get in on this giveaway? find out how to enter right here. good luck! 
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting, Maur. ok here are my answers:

if you met your 16 year old self, what would he or she think about your life so far?
-I think she'd be quite happy. When I was 16, I thought I would be a doctor and even though I'm doing something completely different, I've pretty much accomplished what I thought I would by 35. OMG, I'm 35 wah!

have you made any stereotypes about Filipinos? hehe.
-yes I have but not sure if they'd be offensive? :o

Leesh said...

I think my 16 year old self would be surprised that I don't have kids yet. When I was younger, I wanted to be married by 25 and have my first child by the age of 26.

Anonymous said...

if you met the 16 year old me ... one word: attitude. whew! thank goodness i've grown, changed and moved on from that! :)

Anonymous said...

p.s.
yes, it's harder to settle down when you're older.

reni said...

filipinos patient?! - oh hell no! well, okay. i guess i speak for myself. i find slow people, always late, long lines and those that take forever to decide - and i'm only talking about where to eat for lunch - really challenging and annoying. :) glad i got that out of the way.