Saturday, September 18, 2010

day 4. my childhood.

a picture of me as a kid + 7 facts about my childhood.


(sorry, only have a baby photo of me. all my kiddie photos are at my parents house)

one | i was one of those typical girls that danced ballet, tap and jazz. i missed school for competitions in Ontario.

two | i never owned a barbie doll. I preferred to play with transformers.

three | when i was in grade 1, i lied about having a dog. i even showed classmates my Godmother's photo of her dog and claimed that he was mine.

four | i discovered boys at senior kindergarten and used to kiss the faces of the boys i was crushing over on my actual class photo. LOL!

five | i was envious of my friends next door whenever they had mac n cheese and begged my mom to make it for dinner. when she finally made it, i HATED it!

six | i used to pronounce "Burger King" as "Berber King" and never thought i pronounced it wrong even when kids would correct me. i finally started calling it "Burger King" a decade or so after.

seven | my favorite lunch sandwiches were crispy bacon with mayo on non-toasted white bread, hot dog with ketchup in toasted (soggy by lunchtime) white bread and nutella sandwiches. however, my aunt (she lived with us) would never make me nutella sandwiches. therefore, i would trade my snacks with kids who had nutella sandwiches.

5 comments:

Steph I said...

Haha! I had fun writing this post – did you too? I loved it when my mom packed a hot dog for me for lunch. I didn't care that it was soggy because it felt special and tasted so good! That's hilarious about Berber King! I used to pronounce "pardon?" as "pum?" because I heard my mom say it all the time.

You were such a cute little baby!

Leesh said...

So, so cute...you look exactly the same - same eyebrows, same hair.

Maureen said...

Steph: i did have fun writing this post cuz i was laughing often as i typed. "pum"? i like that... i might have to steal that one from you :P

Leesh: haha yea. you can tell that that was me as a baby. LoL!

Steph I said...

Pum? What's that you say? You'd like to go to Berber King?

Maureen said...

LMAO Steph!! mmmm... "Berber King".