Saturday, October 9, 2010

fill in the blank friday (but on saturday)


last night, Leesh suggested i start fill in the blank friday. plus my friend Steph also participates. so this morning i thought, "sure, why not?" so here it is, a tad late... but better late than never, right? i'll be more on track next week...

btw, HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE to all you Canadians! have a lovely, stuffed-with-too-much-food long weekend!


1. The first thing I do in the morning to start my day is play around with my love - my iphone 4 by checking email, twitter, facebook, the blogs i follow and see if i have any Words with Friends moves to make... then i hop into the shower.

2. Today I wish I was still sleeping. it's saturday and i've been up since 6 in the morning. did i mention it's saturday?! i'm not working today... i should be sleeping in today.

3. If I had an extra $100 in my bank account today I'd buy myself a new dress to wear to the wedding i'm attending this afternoon. i rampaged my closet last night and tried on all my appropriate dresses to wear to a wedding and all but 2 are too big for me! the 2 dresses that do fit, most of the wedding guests have seen me in. so the dress i've decided to wear is the dress they have seen me wearing for fewer minutes.

4. Tomorrow i'm not sure what i'm doing during the day. a good friend from Vancouver is in town, so hopefully spend more time with her. in the evening, i'll be having a Thanksgiving feast with the family at the tita's house.

5. Two things that don't go together are me and sleep. we have a rocky relationship. sleep doesn't like it if i sleep with him for too long. he doesn't even like it if i have a normal amount of time with him. so instead i settle for 4-5 hours a night, but that's if i'm lucky.

6. Something I can never pass up at the grocery store is walking down the cereal aisle. it's odd because i'm not a hardcore cereal eater. i just want to know of any new cereals just it case it's an awesome one i would like to try. but there never is... in Canada. in the States, that's another story.

7. The last time I tried something new was a couple weeks ago... i discovered skinny jeans! i know i know, they've been around for ages, but i was always against wearing them because they made me look pretty hefty. i don't have thin legs and i have hips therefore they were never flattering on me. but it seems i was wrong (i guess losing some weight has helped as well. LOL!). so now i'm rocking the skinny jeans and now there's no effort required to tuck in the jeans in my boots - they just slide right in! (haha, that's what she said.)
 

what are you up to this weekend? enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

whaattt? you and sleep?! oohh...me and sleep go like twins! we love each other! ha ha ha oh feel ya girl on the skinny jeans - it took me a while just cause it brought me back to the 80's, ala michael jackson tight pants, wasn't too sure - but when american eagle launched their skinny jeans with the softest denim material - oh baby, i was hooked! enjoy the skinnies! :)

Maureen said...

lucky you Reni! oh how i wish it was like that for me. i like sleep, but sleep doesn't like me! hmmmm... i think i may have to check out those american eagle skinnies. i want soft denim caressing my legs! haha.

Leesh said...

Your first FITBF! Welcome. They are fun to fill out.

I heart skinny jeans. I made the switch two years ago and it's all I wear. The first pair I bought was from Zara. I still love them but they are so worn out.

I hope you and sleep start to get along again. It's nice to mesh with sleep!

Maureen said...

Leesh: FITBF is fun! Thanks for the suggestion. Now I'm guaranteed 1 post a week after my 30 days is done. Haha. I hope me & sleep get along soon... I miss him much!

Steph said...

YAY! Glad you decided to join in on the FITBF fun! I love doing these posts because it signals the beginning of the weekend. Looking forward to seeing more from you on this.