imagine this...
you're a pretty good friend of mine. we've known each other for almost 20 years. and you find out i'm engaged at the same time my 950 friends on facebook do?
i wonder if my parents would mind if i told them about my engagement via text?
how about if i asked you to be part of my bridal party through twitter?
or...
how about if i was pregnant? would you care that i was expecting and only found out when i updated my status on facebook?
our twenty years of friendship lumped together with people i may have only worked with for less than a year... people who i may have only seen less than a handful of times... people i may never see again in person for the rest of my life... you're grouped in together with all of them.
how about if i was pregnant? would you care that i was expecting and only found out when i updated my status on facebook?
our twenty years of friendship lumped together with people i may have only worked with for less than a year... people who i may have only seen less than a handful of times... people i may never see again in person for the rest of my life... you're grouped in together with all of them.
i really believe my very good friends and family deserve better than that.
maybe you don't agree with me. and that's fine. we're all entitled to our own opinions. i just think those people who have been there for me my whole life and who will forever be there for me, deserve at least a phone call when i share with them some of the greatest news of my life.
5 comments:
agreed! i think sometimes people overdo facebook, twitter, text messaging, etc. i once had a teacher text her resignation two hours before her start time. WTF.
What-the-eff?!! That's f*cked!
i know, right?!
I totally agree with you on this one. I am so sick and tired of people announcing life's milestones on social media. What happen to the good old days of mailing out announcements or personal phone calls to share exciting news? I guess all this technology is catching up to us, leaving us to communicate without actually even speaking to each other. It's pretty sad in my opinion. I blog, I tweet, I text, I email but no matter what, I will always deliver news personally. It's the least I can do this day in age.
For the next milestones in my life, I am bringing it back old school and sending out a handmade announcement.
Leesh: yay! take it back old school! BOOYAH!
Post a Comment